Why Can't You See Me - By Abdmumin-Erinoso Maryam Ayomiposi (Feezahola)

In shadows deep, the firstborn takes her place,

A limelight's hold, a crown that's hers alone,

A nameless fame, a life's illuminated grace.


Her presence strong, a sun in endless space,

And I, a figure in her shadow known,

In shadows deep, the firstborn takes her place.


Distinct endeavors, still I find no trace,

Of recognition for the self I've grown,

A nameless fame, a life's illuminated grace.


Though efforts bloom, yet tethered in embrace,

A label ties me, one that's not my own,

In shadows deep, the firstborn takes her place.


With every step, I yearn to set the pace,

For destiny's unique path to be shown,

A nameless fame, a life's illuminated grace.


Let others see me, not just a case

Of mirrored kinship, roles forever sewn,

In shadows deep, the firstborn takes her place.


For all of us, distinct in life's embrace,

Deserve a chance to let our light be known,

A nameless fame, a life's illuminated grace.


With courage, I emerge, find strength to face,

The world's perception, a new life is sown,

In shadows deep, the firstborn takes her place,

A nameless fame, a life's illuminated grace.



Comments